I have strong work ethics, I enjoy challenges, I am curious, but motivation doesn't come to me naturally. If there were more hours in a day, I guarantee you, I'd eat more slowly, sleep in longer and procrastinate a great deal more before going to the gym, for a run or to a pilates class. But over time it's gotten easier and I've somewhat managed to fit on average 4 hours per week of me time in form of exercise into my routine. 3 little steps that have helped me organising myself around my laziness:
1. prepare.
Prepare your lunch the night before, lay your clothes out, pack your gym bag, go to bed early, set more than one alarm.
2. just do it.
Get out of bed swiftly and don't procrastinate too much about trivial things. Since you've prepared for the day the night before it should be easy!
3. reward.
Before and after heading to the gym I give myself a small reward. It's usually just a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate, maybe a muesli bar or a piece of dark chocolate - but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. The biggest reward is to feel strong, healthy and good.
No comments
Post a Comment