DIOTIMAX

DETOX. EXERCISE. LIVE.

Tuesday

Running- for mental strength


I have never been one of those people who naturally love to exercise or be healthy-I guess not many of us are in any case. It has taken me months to work up to the (semi) consistent exercise regime I have now. I used to resort to bulimia and other questionable eating habits or diets to lose weight and quickly got trapped in an unhealthy circle of self-sabotage and destruction. When living in an apartment complex with a gym, I'd run 7 or 8 kilometres on the treadmill and still just eat non-substantial salads, making sure I'd consume as little as possible. This was only four years ago. Amongst changing the way I look at my body, banishing scales and measuring tapes and joining gym I enjoy visiting, running has been one of the best, easiest and cheapest ways that has helped me improve upon my mental and physical health.
When I run uphill I quietly mutter swearwords.
When I run downhill I spontaneously throw my arms in the air like a child.
When I run or jog or walk I am relying on myself to be strong enough to go where I need to go.
And in times when I feel like a lot of things in my life are out of my own control, being able to control where I'm going, even if it is only for a half hour jog, gives me hope that maybe I'll be able to lead myself to the right path - whether that path leads to an increase in cardiovascular health or happiness. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DIOTIMAX | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig