DIOTIMAX

DETOX. EXERCISE. LIVE.

Sunday

What's the deal with Barre Body?


When I was 4 years old, I desperately wanted to take ballet lessons. My mother once took me to check out a dance studio, but we couldn't afford it. Fast forward 15 years and I find out about Barre Body, a fusion of Ballet, mat Pilates and Yoga, designed to strengthen and elongate- all while delivering noticeable results after only 5 classes. Barre Body, one of the places in Melbourne offering the classes, has a cute studio tucked away just off Brunswick Road, that I visited for a few classes and a 8 week introductory ballet course. In preparation for a class I would recommend taking a small water bottle, wearing comfortable clothing and avoiding heavy foods 2 hours before the class. Expect to work up a sweat and use muscles you might not have felt for a while! During class you'll likely use small weights or a ball, and mats are provided. All instructors I met were lovely and attentive and were a great example of how regular exercise can shape your body. I enjoyed the ballet and yoga elements of the class as they were a welcome mix up to my usual cardio based exercise routine.
Am I a ballerina yet? -No. Do I feel stronger and more graceful? -Yes. Should you try Barre Body? -Absolutely.

image: exert from a film by Luis De Caunes, choreographed by Benjamin Millipied, dancers Leonore Baulac and Alistair Madin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DIOTIMAX | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig